I created the Living Well program so you and your loved ones can create Caring Teams to help you:
- stop stress.. for just a minute at first, before peace grows into hours and days of satisfaction.
- heal each piece of your Wellness Puzzle and reduce unnecessary hospitalizations… by learning what helps you, and working closely with those who provide your medical, emotional and spiritual care
- feel more love…. a sense of unity with people and the world by using four Satisfaction Skills (awareness, appreciation, assertiveness, acceptance)
Living Well was honored by AARP’s Social Impact Award as “a simple mind-body-spirit program for seniors, adults and teens of any faith, or no faith.” It offers strategies I learned from my:
- career in counseling, health care and spiritual care
- service as an assistant professor of public health and family medicine
- stumbles and successes as my mother’s caregiver
To learn more our workshops and training programs for professionals, volunteers and aides, please sign up for our newsletter. I also encourage you to read:
- the free “Less Stress, Better Health and More Love” workbook;
- “Caregiver Stories and Stress Solutions” or
- “Friendship: A novel about love, hope and music.”
Living Well is summarized in the “Less Stress…” workbook. I published it under a Creative Commons attribution license – so that professionals or others can use or improve any part of it, without seeking prior approval. The short stories and the three novels are an easy and entertaining way to grasp the concepts in the workbook, so feel free to begin with these.
I also encourage you to read Friendship: A story about love, hope and music as an entertaining way to reflect on how to live well.
The novels are a fictionalized version of how I learned the value of music and mindfulness in my life, and used them in my work with seniors, adults and teens. These stories are also about the pleasure of singing with my friends and my wife for over forty years; and our many adventures meditating with the Buddhists, studying with the Hindus and dancing with the Islamic Sufis. Each experience has deepened our appreciation of Christianity.
Please sign up for our newsletters to receive sneak previews of the Friendship Trilogy novels. You’ll also learn about online workshops for individuals, families, caregivers and book clubs; as well as training opportunities for professionals, aides and volunteers who provide medical, emotional and/or spiritual care.
I wish you good health and the love that, I have learned, is always just a thought away.